The interventions of SOFINEX address all companies, SME’s or Large Enterprises.
Geographically SOFINEX intervenes in principle for projects situated anywhere in the world.
A company wishing to benefit from assistance from SOFINEX must respect the following criteria:
Situation in Wallonia
The company must have its headquarters or operating office in Wallonia.
Ambitions for internationalization
The supported projects all share the common feature of their international dimension:
- exports to another country
- investments in another country
- opening branches in other countries
- international development
SOFINEX does not intervene for projects such as imports of foreign goods into Wallonia. Nor does SOFINEX support off-shoring or collocation: the supported projects must generate positive spin-off for economic activity and employment in Wallonia.
A company is considered as being in financial difficulty when:
- its equity capital falls below half of the authorized capital
- the conditions of submission to a collective insolvency procedure are satisfied, in particular when the company takes recourse to a judicial reorganization procedure
A company in existence for less than three years is not considered as being in difficulty (unless it is the object of a judicial reorganization procedure)
Belonging to eligible sectors
SOFINEX products address all sectors of activity except:
- bank, finance, insurance except “multi-brand” insurance brokers
- real estate promotion
- production and/or distribution of energy or water, except production of energy from renewable sources or from quality heat-power combined generation
- education and vocational training
- culture, except audiovisual production
- primary production of the agricultural products listed in Annex I to the treaty on the functioning of the European Union
- fisheries and aquaculture (“aquafarming”)
- road transport of goods on behalf of others where the financing concerns the acquisition of heavy goods road haulage vehicles
- naval construction.
In case of uncertainty contact us to find out whether or not your activity is included in the list of eligible sectors.